We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Retrieving lost images

Furkin

Likes # 0

I was transferring about 12 images from my SD card to my PC. When I opened the SD card, the list of images popped up as normal - in alphanumeric list. I opened them all - in PS7 - & put a name to them then deleted the alphanumeric list.

When cut'n'pasting, my habit is to use digit & little fingers on Ctrl + C (then Ctrl + V). (I use this method for Ctrl + A,S,P,X etc). I highlighted the list then, as I was moving them to a permanent position, I used Ctrl + X.

I opened the permanent place & thought I was pressing Ctrl + V,,,,, but I must have clicked something else because I lost the list. I was hoping that they'd be in the Recycle Bin, but they arn't.

I think I know the answer "they're lost forever" but am keeping my fingers crossed. Can I retrieve them ?

Thanks for reading.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

You could try recovering from the SD Card by using this Free direct download. Make a New Folder on your desktop first, then Browse to this folder from within the program, it is then easy to find recovered pics (otherwise recovered pics will appear in the programs own folder in 'All programs'.)

A very useful program to have anyway, I have used it many times to recover deleted pics.

link text

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

Could I please ask a question on Recuva, which I downloaded and installed on the above recommendation. When you delete a file via the Recycle Bin, and use recuva, does it show the file name in full, or is it an unrecognised file name, and you have to try to open it to find whether its the one you want or not? Thanks David

Like this post
David4637

Likes # 0

Seems to work well once you realise after a scan you have to tick Filname. Thanks for suggesting Recova. David

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...