We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adobe acrobat.

Tony W.
Resolved

Likes # 0

Each time I start-up my laptop a message appears saying Adobe Acrobat could not locate profiles please reinstall Acrobat.This program was already pre-installed on the laptop when it was originally purchased so I don't have a disc. When I logged onto the Adobe site to reinstall its saying there is a charge for this particular download. Do I actually need this program in which case can I remove the existing one. Many thanks Tony.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

You probably will need it at some time if you want to view any PDF files - you could try installing the latest version for your O.S. - it should download and install over any existing version but if not you will have to remove older version first - I have never had a problem installing "over the top" of older version. Download/Install latest version from here link text

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I think that you may be confusing Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader (the message is likely to be misleading). It is unusual to find Adobe Acrobat on new Pc's. Adobe Reader is free (no charge for download) and allows you to read pdf files. There are other alternatives like Foxit Reader.

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

The LINK I have given you is a FREE download so no cost involved to you. If you have a problem with the older version post again on here.

The error message you had would probably be down to the fact that it was pre-installed and has now expired - hence the asking for payment.

Like this post
Tony W.

Likes # 0

Northumbria61. Thank you for your help and the link just downloaded and installed that program and after re-starting twice(just to make sure)no more error messages thanks a lot. Also thank you Woolwell for your input.

Tony

Like this post
northumbria61

Likes # 0

Good! Don't forget to tick as "resolved" - the grey box below "Likes" will then turn into a "Green Tick"

Like this post  
Tony W.

Likes # 0

Sorry forgot to do that done down thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more