We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My pointer keeps going to one of the corners of the screen

Rotenone

Likes # 0

In Windows 7 the pointer keeps shooting very fast to ons of the corners of the screen'.I have looked at 'Snap to' in 'pointer options' (via Hardware and Sound',then right click on 'USB optical wheel mouse' then left click on 'mouse settings')but whether I check or uncheck this box,it makes no difference.I am marking exam. papers online and it happens very frequently when Iuse the 'highlighter tool' which is available to underline any important points. Can anybody advise me as to how to remove this very annoying function.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Are you using a mouse mat?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

I agree with Woolwell, I think it might be the mat. It's common in Win7. Have you tried deleting the device and rebooting?

This sometimes helps....If you can afford one, a laser mouse is your best bet!

Like this post
Sapins

Likes # 0

Try a sheet of white paper instead of a mouse mat, it gives more stability to the mouse movements.

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

It occasionally happens with me on Vista. I used to use a mouse mat. When I used a mouse mat it still happened, I now just use my mouse on the hard wood surface of my desk it is not much of a problem to me.

Like this post
Rotenone

Likes # 0

Thank you all for your very speedy replies.I was going to buy a new mouse mat but,on your advice,I have removed the mouse mat and already there seems to be a big improvement. Best wishes to you all.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

It tends to happen with diagrams/pictures on the mat. Try a plain one.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

Upside down table mat (cork) is also very good.

Like this post
Rotenone

Likes # 0

Again,thank you all for your help.The problem is solved.Thank goodness for PC Advisor!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

See Glasgow 2014 in UHD as history is made