We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Task Manager Seems to Have Vanished

Condom
Resolved

Likes # 0

Many months ago I downloaded a recommended program which was supposed to be better than Task Manager. I forgot all about it and in fact I probably later deleted it as I cannot find it or remember what it was called.

I now find I can't get Task Manager to work and I would like to go back to it again. Anyone any idea how to do this. I have Windows 7 32 and I have the disk.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Not sure if this is the one you had downloaded.

link text

Like this post  
buteman

Likes # 0

You don't need the disc to run sfc /scannow in command prompt.You may have to right click command prompt and select run as administrator.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

To enable task manager use the second method here

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Buteman I am pretty certain that this was it so I downloaded it again and installed it and we'll see how it goes. Task Manager is something I seldom use but when I'm trying to remove my WD 1TB external drives I'm quite often told that they cannot be removed as some unmentionable program is using them and I have no idea which one.

rdave13 I tried that and follwed it exactly to the last bit which doesn't exist so maybe that was my problem

buteman thanks for that but I think I'm back up and running with task explorer

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes