We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC Case – 2 bays/full size/piano-black?

kwil2

Likes # 0

Hello... I’m intending to have a new high-spec desktop PC custom-built. A new 23” Full HD TV will be my monitor. Significantly, the TV is piano-black and I want the case to be similar, purely on the grounds of ‘looks’. Here's the problem:

I’ll have TWO DVD-rewriters installed but want to preserve the ‘look’ by having the rewriters ‘hidden’ behind the case’s piano-black bezel.

This would require a PC case with TWO BAYS + EJECT BUTTONS on the bay exterior to access the rewriters and ‘keep the look’.

I prefer a full size case (around 41-44 cm in height) rather than a micro-ATX case which is all I’ve been able to find with these 2 bays/buttons. I'm dubious about 'cooling' in these micro-ATX cases and access room for any future upgrades.

Another alternative might be a full case with a main-door opening, concealing the rewriters with their original bezels. However, I’m having difficulty finding one of these in piano-black or one that would at least complement the TV well.

Can anyone offer help, suggestions where I might find an appropriate case? Perhaps someone has solved the same problem or knows someone who has?

I think I’ve tried all the expected sites, but may not have considered others.

Many thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...