We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blu-Ray Writer crashing my PC

LeedsLass

Likes # 0

I bought an LG Blu-Ray Writer (HL-DT-ST BH10LS30) and thought I would just remove my old DVD Reader and slot this in instead (which I did). However, now whenever I try and put any type of disc in it (99.9% of the time), it goes to a blue screen and reports the following error code:

0x00000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8070294F, 0xACA9B39C*, 0x00000000)

*sometimes instead of what I typed above I also get 0xADAAAB0C

Is this something I have done wrong by assuming it's as simple enough to just take one drive out and replace with the other or is there likely to be something faulty with the drive?

Thanx in advance

Like this post
RussB78

Likes # 0

You need to install the Blu_Ray driver stuff from the cd that you should have received with your drive, install the Cyberlink Power DVD software that is on the disk for playing you Blu-Ray disks.

Good luck with your new drive.

Like this post
LeedsLass

Likes # 0

I've installed everything that came with the drive

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you Google this problem you will see that quite a few others have had the same problem with the LG BluRay drive. Solutions are thin on the ground but they include flashing the Bios, updating the chipset and making some changes to the BIOS settings. I can only suggest that you read some of the Google posts and see if any apply to you.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features