We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Re missing file

stormin7315

Likes # 0

Hi When my computer boots up and the desktop page loads i get this message.Could not load sorttbls.nlp file or assembly or one of its dependencies.Am i right in thinking that this file relates to .net2.On my computer it has net4.Could this file be something to do with a programme that has not been uninstalled properly?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

This implies that it is indeed related to NET Framework and suggests that you should try Windows Update. You may have to uninstall NET Framework 2 This link might help.

Like this post
stormin7315

Likes # 0

Hi According to add/remove prog,NET2 framework is not on my computer but NET 4framework is.I am running windows 7?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

This is extracted from the Microsoft Answers Forum....

What to do is download dotnetfxcleanuptool.zip from Click Here. Unzip files and run tool and select to remove .NET Framework 4 (there is a drop window asking which .NET Framework you wish to remove,make sure you select .NET Framework 4.)..This tool will safely remove client profile part of .NET Framework 4. You will not be able to remove it by using add/remove programmes as normal because it has become corrupt.Once tool has removed files restart computer and check windows update.You should find .NET Framework 4 client profile offered as an update (KB982670).Download and install this..Restart computer again and run windows update.You should be offered the problem KB2446708 as a high priority update.Install this and it should be fine, you shouldn't see it reappear again as before. Best of luck.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added