We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HELLLLLLLP mini inspiron 1011 problem with hard drive

mumof5

Likes # 0

HELLLLLLLP mini inspiron 1011 problem with hard drive

hi there, we have an issue which to no avail can fix. we have a mini 1011 Inspiron notebook. it got rebooted as the owner my 15 yr old daughter said it was running slow. when it rebooted it wouldn't load.just came up with windows/system32\config\system error on checking with dell diagnostic tool it came up with 0f00.1344 error code, also 0foo.065d 0f00.075d all of which relate to disk blocks or errors. i've tried to use command prompt to no avail apparently these minis don't have propper access to command prompt, so i cant do a dskchk/f or repair. ive tried fix it disks and gotten nowhere except to be told there is now no operating system on the laptop at all!! ive got a full xp O.S. disk so i thought i would try a repair or full load but this wont work either. i get as far as being told to press f8 to accept the agreement but it doesnt accept/recognise etc when i press it.. ive also tried to go in via all of the options like safe mode, command prompt, last known good config etc and gotten nowhere. the mini inspirons do not have a partition to enable a fix back to original state and unfortunately as its a mini it didnt come with a disk to enable a reboot etc. we have purchased a portable disk drive to enable to try to fix the problem but come up with a blank and worse than when started. is the hard drive totally dead and unusable and needs to be replaced? this laptop is only 20months old so therefore out of guarantee for one, and for two is a massive 160gb in size!! any help or suggestions would be very very welcomed before we go hunt for a new hard drive!! thanks for any help in advance mandy

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Missing Or Corrupt Windows\System32\Conf\System File http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org/howdoirepairamissingor_cor1.htm

To fix the "windows\system32\config\system file is mising or corrupt" where Xp wont boot:

Boot from XP CD Go to Recovery Console and type:

cd system32\config ren system system.old ren system.alt systemalt.old copy c:\windows\repair\system copy c:\windows\repair\regback\system exit

Like this post
mumof5

Likes # 0

hi i have tried it numerous times to no avail. any other ideas anybody???

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...