We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how to replace my current router

rickmccall22

Likes # 0

I have a router given to me by my ISP which is a D-Link DSL-2640R. it isn't very good as it drops signal often and i have issues with my iPhone wifi connectivity with this router. I have a spare Netgear router that i would like to use instead.

My question is how do i replace th D-Link with the Netgear? i thought it would be a simple case of just swapping them over but that didnt work. is there a step-by-step guide i could follow.

Many thanks in advance

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

You need to find the login details for your ISP set up by login into your router. Who is your ISP?

Like this post
rickmccall22

Likes # 0

My ISP is talk-talk

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Just unplug the Router and install the new one, then you have to go to the setup page in the router to put your ISP user name and password in for you to be able to connect. After setting new router up, start IE then in the Address bar type 192.168.1.1 then press enter type admin in lower case letters in the box for password to get to setup

Like this post
rickmccall22

Likes # 0

Thanks for all your help. I've setup my new router and it's working Perfectly

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia