We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

E2E_UNIN.EXE malware?

VCR97
Resolved

Likes # 0

Anyone know what E2E_UNIN.exe is? I can't get a match with Google. Hitman Pro says that it is malware. It was lurking in the Windows folder.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Nearest I could find is this but it was taken from a 7 year old thread.

unin.exe - Process Information

This component is part of Spy Software X

Component Name: unin.exe

Description of : Spy Software X is a commercially available keylogger that can be maliciously used to remotely monitor an infected system and steal personal information. The software captures keystrokes and screenshots. It also has features that enable an attacker to track changes in the system and modify settings set by the user. Event logs are sent to pre-determined email addresses. The program runs silently and cannot be terminated or uninstalled by users.

Not advised to google for it as most sites are given a straight red by WOT so you would have to be careful.

Like this post  
VCR97

Likes # 0

Thanks for that. I wonder how long that's been there. I've scanned regularly with anti-malware programs but just tried Hitman on a whim.

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Thanks.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites