We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Roboform and banking info.

exdragon
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi - I've just got sorted out with RF Everywhere (thanks to advice from this site) and realised that I've included some of my banking information in the data saved.

What's the general concensus of opinion - immediately delete any reference to 'money' or am I being totally paranoid? And if I do delete everything, where/how do I save the information? I know I can't remember it all, what with logins, user names, customer references, verified by visa, passwords et al.

Like this post
rawprawn

Likes # 0

There is no problem keeping banking details or any other private details in Roboform. Just make sure that " Password protection" is enabled, and use a strong password.

Like this post

Likes # 0

I've used Robotform for several years and am a huge fan

I have no idea what most of my passwords are. Every few months I print off a list and shove them somewhere safe. End of

However, when it comes to bank sites I find I don't use it so much

The Bank password technology doesn't work quite so well with Robotform, asking me if I want to save every time I log on. If you agree to that you end up with a long list of passwords

I'm not keen on the new Robotform where my passwords are stored...in the sky?

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Hmm, my reply must have vanished into the cloud. I said so that's one for, one against!

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I have used Roboform for years and have both my wife's bank login detail as well as my own,as our bank requires 3 stages 2 are saved in RF each one renamed to make it easier to input the correct details for the person logging in and the third is typed when required. Works well for me.

Like this post  
exdragon

Likes # 0

Than you - I'll file my paranoia in the 'pending' folder for now!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015