We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer Aspire 5630 problem (blank screen)

Wayne23uk

Likes # 0

My acer is coming up with a black screen showing

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. Operating Sysyem not found

has anyone got any ideas what i can do i have a windows vista CD i got with the laptop not i have not got a back-up of drivers to start again, any ideas would be greatful

thanks wayne

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

It trying to boot from a network drive because it cannot find your hard drive

1st try removing and refitting the hard drive to remake the connections.

Like this post
Wayne23uk

Likes # 0

how do i do that?

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

There should be a cover on the bottom with a symbol that looks like a pile of disc's it will be under there.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Service Manual turn it over, remove base cover at rear of machine next to battery to find the hardrive p62

Like this post
Wayne23uk

Likes # 0

ok done that restarted now got:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLEBOOTVOLUME

Chect to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new insallation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for windows updates you might need.

If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information

* STOP: 0x000000ED (0x832AF6A8,0xC000000e, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

OK now hard drive is running again It looks as if you have some corruption of windows files.

Will the VIsta CD allow you to run a startup repair or is it a recovery CD that will return tha machine to factory settings?

Like this post
Wayne23uk

Likes # 0

just turned it back on to find out and it has come bacvk up with the 1st error

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

I'm afraid its looking like the hard drive has failed and you will need to replace it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 will be a free update

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy an iPhone 6 (or any smartphone) on contract: Get the latest tech and save...

IDG UK Sites

Corel Painter 2015 review

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK