We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

packard bell

dottylotty

Likes # 0

hi i have restored my computer using the restore disc and now im stuck as i got thecongratulations your ready to go1 registration / set up packard bell page up then said click to finish and thats as far as it goes wont load up the main window just get the times icon . iv restored it again but still the same . went to safe mode but says not set up . help dont know how to get past this problem . thanks

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

If you`ve restored using the disc set you burnt when the laptop is new they may be corrupt. I would try to restore to factory defaults using the hidden restore partition on the computer. Can you post back the make and model of computer and someone will post back the sequence of keys to do this at start up. Usually either F10, F11 or F12

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Maybe a tattoo problem - common with these machines

Boot from CD into command prompt or DOS

In DOS prompt run both of these commands: q:\drivers\tattoo /importbin:c:\tattoo.bin q:\drivers\exths /importextbin:c:\exths.bin

When this is done, reboot and boot off your recovery CD again.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I assume you`ve already backed up your data!

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

I think either method will work - what do you think Fruit Bat /\0/\?

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

If the tattoo is damaged then the restore from hidden partition may leave it in the same condition

Like this post
dottylotty

Likes # 0

its IMEDIA MC 1608 packard bell x p it did restore and i used it to download i tunes and that but when the comp turned off and on again thats when it went to registration page and thats where it stuck

not sure how to do the tatoo thing

Like this post
dottylotty

Likes # 0

i did boot from cd when i did a retore

Like this post
dottylotty

Likes # 0

i did the tattoo thing said NO BIN FILE

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Does it have a floppy drive?

http://avira-ntfs4dos-personal.soft32.com/ boot with the floppy and at the c:\ prompt type

q:\drivers\tattoo /importbin:c:\tattoo.bin - press enter

then type

q:\drivers\exths /importextbin:c:\exths.bin - press enter

rerun the recovery CD

Like this post
dottylotty

Likes # 0

HI SORRY NO FLOPPY DRIVE

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...