We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Why it always appears Windows Live Mail in my screen ?

Antonio Machado

Likes # 0

Hello experts !

During many years I have worked with Hotmail well, everything was always smooth and perfect.

So I decided to suscribe Windows Live Mail and now my life is a mess: immediately I turn on my p.c. it appears all my mailbox displayed in my screen so I have not any privacy! if I close it, it will appear again five minutes later and so on an so forth. How can I have control on that issue ? I mean how can I sign in and sign out of Windows Live Mail ? so I have access to my mail just whenever I can, not automatically for everybody to see it ? Thanks in advance for your help, best, Antonio Machado.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

Try the following: Go to Start-All Programs-Startup if Windows Live Mail is here, right click it and select Delete.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

This is from the Windows Vista Forum

Re: Live Mail start up when computer starts up

There are three possible ways (afaik) any program can be set to startup, check all three to remove it from the startup.

1. Start button\Run\type; "msconfig" (unquoted) and hit Enter\Startup tab\if a Live Mail process is present uncheck it to remove it from the startup

2. Start button\All Programs\Startup delete the shortcut if present there, or delete it from C:\Document and Settings\user_account\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

3. Start button\Run\type "regedit" (unquoted) and hit Enter\browse to the Run key in: HKEYLOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, and delete the Live Mail value if it's present in the Run key

Like this post
Antonio Machado

Likes # 0

Thank you recap and chub-tob !

Those are great suggestions, I'll try them tonight, I apreciatte your help. Greetings from New Jersey, in the North East cost of the U.S.A.

Best, A.M.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone Air release date rumours, specs, leaked photos: 5.5in iPhone 6 expected

IDG UK Sites

Alternatives to iPad Air: iPad Air vs best tablets from Samsung, Sony, Microsoft, Google & more

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Apple launches a new Swift blog, signaling language's importance