We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Settting up WIFI

logrin

Likes # 0

I have Talk talk Broadband. I want to set up a WIFi system so that I can use my laptop in another room from my modem, also I am getting a new printer which will work on WiFi.

Finally I want to connect my laptop to my main TV and use the big screen for Skype,does this also work on Wi Fi, afriend in Liverpool has had this set up for him.

What equipment do I need to buy so do the above. logrin

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Laptop Op system?

Connect the laptop to the modem with an ethernet cable and run the disk that came with the modem.

Make sure you set wireless security to at least WPA (PSK2 if the modem supports it)WPA

Run the disk that comes with the printer to set up wireless connection to the laptop

Connecting to the TV is usually done via cable it depends if the TV is wireless capable.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback