We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot drag from external drive to ipod?

just11

Likes # 0

Hi Guys, Could you please help. I have a xp desktop and when i insert the ipod in the usb and my external hard drive they seem to cancel out each other so i therefore cannot drag tracks into my ipod music screen?? When i use these devices seperate they are fine but together they dont seem to talk to each other. Can you help me please Many thanks Jay

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If it uses a SD card take the card out then put it in a Reader connected to your PC look on the card for the correct folder to drag your files to.

Best way is right click and drag the choose copy hear

Like this post
just11

Likes # 0

Hi Woodchip im a bit of a non pc bloke could you put that into laymans terms please lol. I plug both ipod and external drive into the usb ports if that helps then before just drag but not anymore??

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Does the Ipod have a Memory Card? if it does take it out and put it in a Memory Card Reader

Like this one

Click Hear This is a multi Card Reader for different kinds of memory, You then plug it into the USB on your PC it will show as removable drives to which you can drag and drop to, but use the right click on your mouse to drag and drop

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS when you look at the card on your PC you should find it as different folders on it look for the one for pictures or music etc drop the correct folder

Like this post
ßeta

Likes # 0

To my knowledge no iPod has SD Cards, they all use internal memory. Can you tell use which iPod series you have..??

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Until you can get them to work together why not just create a temporary folder to drag files into from the external hard drive. You should then be able to drag them onto your iPod from there. Not the quickest way of doing things but at least it should work.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September