We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

internet history...

scott_bradley

Likes # 0

Hi guys and girls,

I've tried googling this but I'm not really sure what I'm finding is helping!

My problem is this....

I have cleared internet history, cookies, form filing and so on by going to tools and delete browsing history...but! when I type in on the address bar is lists websites beneth the address bar1 for instance as I begin to type www.facebook and so on, it brings up various facebook pages ive been on below that!

Could anyone please tell me how I get rid of this?

Many thanks in advance!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

You need to clear and turn off the browser's memory - what browser are you using?

Like this post
scott_bradley

Likes # 0

Hi,

I'm using Internet explorer 8.

Cheers

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

IE

Ctrl shift Del

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

You will also have history that is collected by your search engine - Bing, Google or Yahoo or what ever. I use Bing and you nead to click on 'explore' > 'search history' > 'clear' > then back one page 'turn history off'

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The history list will clear from the address bar after running the clear history etc, after closing IE then reopening it.

Like this post
scott_bradley

Likes # 0

Hi all,

None of this worked, Ive tried clearing internet history several times, even tried a free piece of software claiming to erase all history, but that didnt work neither! The internet history goes when I go to view then history, but its just this address bar problem im still having?

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

What search engine are you using? Are you using any third party toolbars?

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Have you tried CCleaner. This usually works. The default settings are all you normally need.

CCleaner

Like this post
scott_bradley

Likes # 0

I generally use google and have a google toolbar to use when I search.

I just typed in www.face and it listed below various facebook pages I've been on, nothing in particular, just random photo's, requests and so on, so nothing thats been saved, just random pages, to the right of the address's it has a rex x and when you hover over it it says delete, I have done this, closed IE, reopened and still there! driving me crazy!

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

You will have to turn the history off in google, I cant tell you how because I never us it, it's too intrusive.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July