We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

write / type on photos

Markito

Likes # 0

I would like to either "write" or type a message on an existing photo which I have in My Documents, and then send it as an e-mail attachment. I only have HP Image Zone and can't find a way of doing this kind of writing / typing. Do I need to download software? If so, what do you recommend and how can I do it? Many thanks.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 1

If you have Windows Paint, open the photo in this and use the word box tool (indicated by an 'A') create the box where you want it and type the message. Save the photo (Save As with a different name if you want the original as is) and send in the usual way.

Like this post
Markito

Likes # 0

Thanks. I don't appear to have Windows Paint, although I have a full version of Windows XP Pro. Is it best to download this, or would you recommend another piece of software?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 1

Just a thought: When you've made your Text Box and typed your Message in, remember that you can usually make the Background transparent, then you will not covering the photo.

Windows Paint is usually found in Accessories.

p.s. This is a good way of disguising your store of Passwords.

Like this post
Markito

Likes # 0

Many thanks guys. You've been a great help.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

For a free photo editing software program, download irfanview. Once downloaded, open your photo and go to Edit/ Insert Text into Selection, it's automatically made transparent.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Widespread 2011 MacBook Pro failures continue: Petition for fix surpasses 10,000 signatures