We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

alot toolbar removal

aincientone

Likes # 0

how can I remove the alot toolbar from my computer?remove

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

ehow alot removal In Vista or 7 it is programs and features.

Like this post
aincientone

Likes # 0

Sorry, I should have specified XP

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Then it's add/remove.

Like this post
aincientone

Likes # 0

No, It's not a simple as that, there is no sign of alot in progams, folders, files etc. It's probably to be found in the Registry but I lack the skill and confidence to mess with that. It's some kind of malware and I have run all the well known cleaners without success.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Like this post
aincientone

Likes # 0

I suspect this forum is infected with the alot malware. None of the suggestions received so far have been of the slightest use.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

aincientone

Sorry to disappoint but sometimes the easier replies work.

Try ToolbarCop

Please read the tutorial in the link as it's a powerful tool even though a tad old. Use it at your own risk.

Like this post
aincientone

Likes # 0

I should be very grateful if anyone who has recent experience of successfully removing the malicious computer infection "alot" could advise me of a method that works. I have had a number of suggestions some of them naively inappropriate others seeming expert but none of them working. At the moment the most regular manifestation of this pest is that when I open Firefox the google search page automatically appears already ostensibly loaded with exactly the same 53 million answers as last time.
None of the first 30 or so answers works but I don't believe that among your clever readers there is no one who can help me. Please.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...