We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

autoplay query

mikeyboy32

Likes # 0

for some reason autoplay is no longer working on my pc runing windows xp. anyone know how to enable autoplay?

please help as i've got some photos on my ipod touch 4g which i can't for the life of me work out how to transfer to my pc without using autoplay.

help appreciated.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

One of the latest MS updates has disabled autoplay on everything except CDs.

try

Run Regedit Go to HKEYCURRENTUSER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\Explorer. Delete the Key "NoDriveTypeAutoRun" Reboot the Computer.

Autoplay Repair Wizard http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c680a7b6-e8fa-45c4-a171-1b389cfacdad&DisplayLang=en

Autoplay disable/enable 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then press ENTER. 2. Locate and click the following registry key: HKEYLOCALMACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CDRom 3. To disable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 0 (zero). To enable automatically running CD-ROMs, change the Autorun value to 1. 4. Restart your computer.

Like this post
mikeyboy32

Likes # 0

thanks for the advice fruit bat. i'm afraid the autoplay didnt seem to work tho. for some reason ipod touch 4g doesnt show in 'my computer' either so i can't access my photos at all, even thru itunes. (its definitely connected tho cos my ipod syncs when itunes is started.

any more clues at all, i'm stuck?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Complete guide to iPhone and iPad settings: Get to know iOS 8 Settings UPDATED