We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pdf language conversion

conrail

Likes # 0

hi, looking for a way to convert a pdf file from Dutchg to English, I have tried pdf2word but that opens it up in text boxes in word and the tools, language, convert option is greyed out so can't use that all help and advice appreciated

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Copy and paste the text into the google translator then copy and paste the result into a word document.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks wiz-king, I have the pdf on my desktop and downloaded the google toolbar, when opening the pdf document I am only given the option to copy the image which wont paste into google

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

A PDF is not an image, if you have been sent an image of a PDF there's nowt you can do with it. On the PDF's toolbar you might have 'page with a capital T' symbol, you can highlight text with that and then copy and paste. What program are you using to open the PDF?

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

I'm using Adobe Reader 8, I also have Adobe Image Ready 7 installed, probably come with Reader, I know nothing about this

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

should have mentioned, the curser on the pdf is crosshairs?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

This was recomended a while ago. I have no idea how well it works as I have never tried it, so you would be on your own.

I believe that it is able to convert a PDF into a Text File at no Cost to you. PDF Converter

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Did you highlight the text and then choose 'copy'? (that will put it on the clipboard ready for you to paste)

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Move the cursor to the start of a bit of text, press down the left hand mouse button and whilst pressing it down move the cursor to the end of the text. then copy 'n' paste.

I think, not having used Adobe for several years.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks wee eddie, been trying that, hence the delay in writing, no joy, also thanks lotvic and wiz-king, been unable to copy because, as son pointed out,the pdf is not in text format, it is a picture, never come accross this before so copy and paste just pastes the whole lot. i appreciate your help and many thanks for your time and effort

Like this post
velveteen

Likes # 0

I used to convert pdf of foreign language to word format.

I use this pdf converter.

Hope it helps.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia replaces budget Lumia 520 with 530: Release date, price and specs

IDG UK Sites

Everything you need to know about Apple's iPhone Camera in iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't trust password managers

IDG UK Sites