We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

To Many PCA emails

Tonsie
Resolved

Likes # 0

At the moment I am receiving PCA emails I did not request.In MY Profiles the day box is unticked,and the twice weekly ticked.I am still receiving two each day.So friends how do I stop all these emails? Regards Tonsie.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I think you only get them when you open your own thread and not when you contribute to someone else's.

They used to be a bit of a nuisance but I am not getting as many now.

Saying that we should not be getting any at all and maybe they will fix that when the fix the rest of the problems on the new site.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I have got them blocked by sending them to the blocked senders list but still have to remove them.

On the e-mails sent you have the option of not getting any more e-mails from that post,but if you open another post and get further e-mails you have to do the same again.

I suppose the sooner it is fixed the better.Or maybe it has been fixed and they have not told us how to do it.

Like this post
Tonsie

Likes # 0

Thanks buteman for your input,most of the emails are of each days news on PCA sites.I can read this info when I look up this site,I don't a reminder in an email.Thank you again buteman. Regards Tonsie.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe untick PC Advisor daily and PC Advisor newsletters and allow users to subscribe to my post in my profile and see if that makes any difference.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

I should have said,And untick allow users to subscribe to my posts.

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Just read your post again.

[At the moment I am receiving PCA emails I did not request.In MY Profiles the day box is unticked]

Not sure how you would fix that one.have you tried pressing update my account while it is unticked to see if that helps.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Check which Threads that the e-Mails are coming from and Untick "Follow".

Like this post
Tonsie

Likes # 0

Hi again buteman,I've tried several times in update my account,but still I receive them every day.I will untick the twice weekly next and see what happens.wee eddie the emails are from Matt Egan,sometimes two each day. Regards Tonsie.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

All you have to do is

click on the UNsubscribe link in the Email notification

Like this post
Tonsie

Likes # 0

lotvik I have done that,and it opens My Profiles.The daily box is unticked,and now I've unticked the twice weekly one,So I will wait and see the results.Regards Tonsie.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

2014 Mac mini release date, specs, rumours: When's the new Mac mini coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen