We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Video Editing

Palken

Likes # 0

Hi I am quite new to computing but want to do some video editing using the 'Power Director' software.

Can anyone tell me what specification of desktop PC I should be looking for please.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Requirements for running Power Director 9 Click Here

Like this post
Palken

Likes # 0

Thanks for that Chubb

Like this post
Palken

Likes # 0

Thxs for that Chub but I am confused.

When I look at Specs for PCs none seem the same as those specified by Power Director.

Would a PC with the following specification be ok -

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Processor Type: AMD X4 Chip Type: QUAD Core Processor Speed: 12000 Hard Drive Capacity: 1000 Memory (RAM): 8000 Graphics Processor: ATi Radeon DX10 Series Hard Drive: 1000GB Graphics Memory: 3GB HYPERMEMORY Primary Drive:
CARD READER

I would also like to play online games like WOW and Starcraft

Sorry if I am being a pain.

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

You can't go wrong if you look at PC's reviewed by PC Advisor.

How much have you got to spend?

Like this post
Palken

Likes # 0

Hi ICF

Not that much I am on low income but I do want a good system.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If your budget is restricted and using ICF's recommendation then even the cheapest of the PCA computer list would suit your needs Click Here although for faster video rendering I would upgrade the RAM to 8Gb and make sure that it comes with the 64bit version of Win7

Like this post
Palken

Likes # 0

Thanks for that Chubb

Like this post
proudfoot

Likes # 0

I have used various versions of Power Director with no problems. My present PC is an HP Pavilion 2-3 years old. My previous XP PC was 12 years old and also was OK editing and burning discs. Any reasonably fast PC should be fine.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You do not need nothing that's very advanced. I use a Medion Desktop PC with a 2.3 ghz CPU only 1 Gig of Ram XP Home using Pinnacle Software this does it fine for my JVC Digital Camcorder

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS you can also use the Free Windows Movie Maker software that will most likely be on your PC and not as intimidating to start with

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......