We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

excel worksheet

eric_bloodaxe

Likes # 0

Hi may be a dumb question but can i assemble a series of "loose" worksheets into a workbook? someone sends me a monthly report as an excel WS I want to put them all in one book from the folder they download to so I can analyse the data across all the sheets. Regards Bloodaxe

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

See if this helps click here

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

Link here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc837974.aspx

Like this post
eric_bloodaxe

Likes # 0

hi thanks, but; first idea doesn't click at all. second one is way beyond what I want to do. I was hoping I could just use some menu item somewhere to take the individual worksheets and copy them into one new workbook. Regards Bloodaxe

Like this post
VoG II

Likes # 0

There is no native menu item to do this. You will need a macro - see the link that I posted.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Can you not just copy the worksheet and paste it into a new worksheet on your main file? - or am I missing the point?

Like this post
Simsy

Likes # 0

You can do this manually, fairly easily, on a sheet by sheet basis. Depending how many sheets there are, this may, or may not, be a practical way of doing it.

First I'd create a new workbook, save it, and name it something obvious, ("Summary" perhaps?)

Have this workbook open.

Open the workbook(s) you want to combine. I'd rename the sheets in question so they each have individual, relevant, names, rather than each one being "Sheet1"

RIGHT click on the tab of the first sheet you wish to combine. On the menu that appears there is an option to "Move or Copy", and if you choose that you can select where to move/copy it to. Providing you have the "Summary" workbook open you can copy or move, (don't miss the checkbox to choose which!), the worksheet to this workbook.

If you only have a few worksheets to copy this may be practical... if you have loads of them... well only you can decide! If I've read your issue correctly you only have one to add each month so once you've started the process with the first bunch of however many, it should be a simple quick operation monthly!

(Bear in mind that there may be issues with referred formulae if the originals have formual referring to other workbooks/worksheets!! I haven't read/digested the VBA that Vog has linked to, but that might accomodate such an issue?)

With apologies if I've missed the point and this doesn't suit!

Regards,

Simsy

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer