We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Retrieving emails

jonmac

Likes # 0

A friend was on BT broadband at his previous home but has now moved to a new one where he is told it will take 5 days to set up broadband. How can he view his emails in the meantime, say on another machine?

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

Browse to mail2web.com - enter his email address and password and view his account and/or send mail

If of course he is already using the BT webmail site he can continue to do that from any machine.

Like this post
recap

Likes # 0

I take it that it is web based, if this is the case, all your friend needs to do is log on to BT email as usual. He could do it from your connection?

Like this post
jonmac

Likes # 0

Thanks Sea Urchin but can't get that to work for some reason with my own email address, either quick or advanced log-in (I'm on Plusnet) Recap....Thanks for your input. I'll find out this evening what he's on, probably BT-Yahoo mail or something, and take it from there

Like this post
Sea Urchin

Likes # 0

The mail2web will only work if you use an email client such as Outlook or Windows Mail etc. If you are using web based email - such as BT Yahoo - then you just sign in as normal on any computer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July