We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can I safely remove everthing from my downloads menu please??

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good morning to u all. I have a quick question plse, I have a windows 7 desktop PC, and normally when i download software, etc, it all goes to the downloads menu, but i'm wandering that once ive actually installed the items, is it ok to just delete everthing from the downloads folder, as this takes up some space on my desktop...or do i keep all the stuff in the download folder please?? many thanks

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Downloaded software I would move to another folder as you never know when you may need to do a re-install. Anything else that you download can be deleted if you are certain that you won't need them again. Obviously, I presume, any 'paid for' downloads such as music, films etc. you will have already moved to their relevant folders. It is best to treat downloads folder as just a temporary location for files.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Just delete the lot, you can always download it again in the future if you needed. Little point in keeping anything as it will probably have been updated so the original download will be outdated.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Invite confirms 9 September launch

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...