We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DukeofKenpas

Dukeofkenpas

Likes # 0

I recently purchased new base, a Dell XPS8300,quad core i7, 64 bit with Windows 7 home premium (SP1) My previous base also ran Windows 7 (upgraded from XP) and my keyboard and mouse (Ms Wireless multimedia keyboard 1.1 and Ms Standard Wireless optical mouse using the same transformer connected by USB)worked perfectly. On my new one I occasionally find that keyboard strokes will not work so that typing (say in e-mail) misses out letters and clicking with the mouse occasionally does not work, although moving to another button(s) usually will. On checking the log I was informed that this software is not compatible with this version of Windows but other than SP1, which I did not have before (because it would not download!) it is exactly the same vesion and the drivers were downloaded from the Ms site where two bits of info are requied i.e Operating system and 32/64 bit. An alternative keyboard and mouse both wired, seem to work correctly. so which is the truth.....compatible or not!? and if so is there a fix? Any ideas

Like this post
buteman

Likes # 0

Maybe because of the amount of threads that you have opened with the same subject you should try running Malwarebytes to make sure your computer is bug free.

link text

Mind you I think PCA was down about that time last night so that may have been your problem.

You do have compatibility mode ticked under Tools.

Like this post
Dukeofkenpas

Likes # 0

No bugs. The PCA server returned error messages which led me to believe my submissions had not been accepted. Tools, where?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs iPhone 5S comparison review: Metal smartphones fight

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Widespread 2011 MacBook Pro failures continue: Petition for fix surpasses 10,000 signatures