We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What can be done to sort the PC problem please??

julius44

Likes # 0

Hello and good evening to you, my cousin range me this evening as he said that he had a problem with a work pc. He's one of the Pc guys at his work place, there is a pc that they use for testing at work, and he said that its developed a virus, and he said that it was his talsk to remove the virus. He used malware-bytes in safe mode.....(scareware) and he said that it seemed to remove it....but then when he sterted to use the pc, in normal mode again..every few minutes it would just shut down, and then he would need to restart it again. I've told him that i'll post the problem, and hopefully someone can be able to help......maybe the virus is still on the desktop??? Any suggestions please???

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Name of Virus?

Op system?

Like this post
julius44

Likes # 0

op system is windows XP..... he said that it said that u are infected by "trojan horses". thats all he can remember

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Any attempt to remove infections must be done using an Anti Virus program such as Norton, AVG, MSE etc AND an anti spyware program such as Malwarebytes

Like this post
Terry Brown

Likes # 0

If your cousin is supposed to be able to fix the PC's at work, it seems he is in either the wrong job, or he seriously needs some training.

After removing virus /trogan, he will also need to remove it from the restore system. Does he actually know what the name of the infection is ?

Try runing SPYBOT and ADAWARE

link textlink text

Terry

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Sounds like a variant of the old Blaster worm link text

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?