We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Making Money From A Website

antony.dandrea

Likes # 0

Hi there.

I have been building a website which I am hoping to get online by the end of the month. It is basically an information site (that is what the web was originally about after all :P) that has articles and facts about the Universe.

Anyway, it is more of a little side project since I have finished University for the summer so it isn't anything serious but I was wondering about what is the best way to make a little return. Namely through advertising.

My immediate thought would be Google Adsense. How does this work? Is it worth it?

Also is there anything else that is better or matches? That would perhaps make a better return?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Just put 'website advertising' onto the search box on here

Like this post
Condom

Likes # 0

Contact Blackberry as they seem to be EVERYWHERE I go!!!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Transferred to Webdesign from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
Milford Haven

Likes # 0

Adsense is fine if you get enough traffic. In fact the same is true for any kind of advertising. You may want to consider becoming and affiliate. As mentioned before a search for this will do the job.

Good Luck though...

Like this post
Ansolan

Likes # 0

My immediate thought would be Google Adsense. How does this work? Is it worth it?

If you are seeing several thousand visitors a month, possibly. In general, better to build a following for a site and then subtly monetise. The other way round can be self defeating.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Take heed of what Ansolan has said - he's absolutely right.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features