We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

post screen

micky1432

Likes # 0

My desktop pc was working fine yesturday today i can get it power up then it stikes on the bootup screen and wont do anything not evern let me go into the bios etc any surgestions please

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

One of the first things in the boot up sequence is to check the available memory. Do you have more than one stick? Can you try booting it with alternate sticks? Can you beg/borrow a different one to try? That way you can rule out a memory problem.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

You might also want to read the Boot Up Sequence which reminded me that an early check is on the video card, so check that too.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Op system?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ its not getting that far, it may be a cpu heat problem or bad psu

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

woodchip, You still want to know which Op system before you can decide what kind of repair can be done.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

ams4127

It is not getting as far as loading windows if you look, so it does not matter what it is. He cannot get to BIOS

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Disconnect hard and optical drives and see it it boots to an error message.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat /\0/\ Just about to post that, I am washing up, but it came to me that it will rule out the drives if they are disconnected and it will go to BIOS

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

That's why I was asking Op system as a corrupted boot loader can cause the BIOS to freeze

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I was thinking of a Corrupt Drive

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites