We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DVD RW Wont play

JohnBear89

Likes # 0

Hi all

My samsung R530 wont play newer DVD's. It did for a few months, recently it stopped playing them, it WILL play old dvd cd roms. I tested it with an old DVD-ROM, Call of Duty 2, which will play, then tested it with, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, and the disk just clicks round and nothing happens. Even normal DVD films wont play either, however older dvds will.

The make and model of the dvdrw is TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C. I have checked the driver and it is up to date, i dont really know what to do next, can anyone help?

thanks!

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Please clarify it will playany cd's but not dvd's as you mention it will play old cd dvd roms?

Like this post
JohnBear89

Likes # 0

i havent got any new CDs to test with. i have only tested it with DVD-ROMs and DVD video discs.

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Ok so older dvd's play ok what source and typ are the new dvd's that wont play ie are these new bought films or recordings self made or bought and your heading says RW's does it only aply to those ie copies

Like this post
JohnBear89

Likes # 0

no i havent tried with copies, it seems to only work with fairly old DVD discs, whether they are movies or data discs or even games. this is what is strange because the new dvds are the same format as the old ones, it just sounds like its got click of death eerytime i put a newer one in. this is one of the strangest problems that i have come across.

Like this post
Confab

Likes # 0

You probably need a firmware update

link text

Like this post
Confab

Likes # 0

Some more here also

link text

Like this post

Reply to this topic