We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Blue screen?

ShIvZ

Likes # 0

Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 3b BCP1: 0000000080000003 BCP2: FFFFF8800428E700 BCP3: FFFFF8800919D050 BCP4: 0000000000000000 OS Version: 617600 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\061211-17394-01.dmp C:\Users\ADVENT\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-42494-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

What does this mean???? had it twice in two days now

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If this is pc that previously had a different OS on and you have installed W7 (64bit or 32bit) I would say it's a hardware issue, either wrong drivers or failing hardware (could be the Harddrive, especially if pc came with W7)

Did you run the Compatibilty Check for W7 before installing? Hopefully that would have told you if there were going to be any issues with supported hardware.

If you do a google for BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057 you will get loads of info as it seems lots have got this.

Like this post
ShIvZ

Likes # 0

i bought the pc with OS windows 7 already, i just pluged and played really! how do i find out if i have faulty drivers?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I am new to W7 so it's best to wait for someone to post who knows more about it. Did you do the google search to read about others with same problem?

Also is it a notebook (laptop) or a desktop pc and make & model would be useful to know.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

C:\Windows\Minidump\061211-17394-01.dmp is the file that contains the information about the cause of your blue screen which has most likely been caused by something you have changed, updated or installed recently. Have you tried a System Restore to an earlier date? That way you may be able to discover when the change occurred and fix the problem.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

chub_tor how do you open a .dmp? I've always wondered.

Like this post
ShIvZ

Likes # 0

I can't open the file in there

i tried it with notepad and nothing dno what else?

and no point for system restore cuz its a brand new pc from a shop, guess im gonna have to take it back..

it crashed just now again, it said something about Memory_managment.

Also when it turns back on, it gives me the error about using Adobe Flash player on a 64bit system

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

there should be a system restore point, Go to start bottom left corner/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore. Choose a restore point in bold capital

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Opening a dmp file is not easy but it can be done See Here Win 7 will have been creating System Restore points at scheduled intervals (providing it has been turned on, which it is by default) from when you started using it and whenever a new programme has been installed or a significant change made, so I would be surprised if there are no restore points. But having said all that if it is a brand new machine I would take it back and get the supplier to fix the fault.

Like this post
ShIvZ

Likes # 0

yeah i did that in the end, he said he changed the RAM and also re-installed something possibly IE, he then ran youtube etc which was causing the problem i think and the blue screen didn't happen after the switch. I just brought it back so fingers crossed!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today