We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

installing ubuntu 11.04 next to windows 7 via wubi installer.

Jwbjnwolf
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hello, I am trying to install Ubuntu 11.04 next to windows 7 via wubi installer on my mums Dell PC, and Ubuntu is being installed correctly except that Ubuntu is not in the windows boot manager, so it automatically goes into windows. I have gone into 'msconfig' and that says nothing about ubuntu.

Does anyone know how I can add it to the windoows boot manager?

thanks for help Jason

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

any ideas?

I need the info quite quickly please

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 1

Google is your friend Click Here

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

in the command prompt, on the last step, it says

'bcedit' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

what am I doing wrong?

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

please, I need help with the command prompt steps.

'bcedit' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. keeps showing.

what am I doing wrong?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 1

bcdedit not bcedit

Like this post  
bremner

Likes # 0

RTFM

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

thanks brenmer what you mean by RTFM?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

If you are going to seriously get into Linux you are going to have to master the command line.

It will mean doing research around commands either through the Internet or from manuals. A simple misplaced character will result in an error message. You will need to be patient and double check what you type, this is part of the learning process but most of all RTFM.

Like this post
LastChip

Likes # 0

There's problems with 11.04 (see here), so try 10.10.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Gear S (Solo) curved-screen smartwatch confirmed: release date, price and specs UK

IDG UK Sites

Nostalgia time: Top 10 best selling mobile phones in history

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina review and the mystery of the processor benchmarks