We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

hyper transport sync flood error

mehim
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have a HP Touchsmart 300-1125uk which has been playing up for months. After going through all of HPs checks via phone and system restore they have finally accepted that it is not a software conflict that causes the following:- when starting fron an unexpected shut down its like a jumbo taking off, with a black screen and the only thing to do is remove power and start again,together with the screen freezes,and other black screen.

It is now going to hospital.(still under warranty)

Then this morning it re-booted itself from an unexpected shut down with the hyper message. A google seems to indicate over heating (it has only been on an hour, doing nothing) All vents are clean. Is this correct? If so it will tie in nicely with the fan issue methinks.

Its an AMD Athlon II x3 400E 2.2ghz, windows 7 64 bit.

Many thanks

Bugle

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Incorrect correct voltage to CPU / memory

Power supply or motherboard problems

If your PSU has "cool an quiet" settings in BIOS turn it off Make sure memory voltage settings is high enough (2.1v)

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

Thanks, I won't play with it as I want HP to fix it under warranty. I especially want to keep the cool and quiet if it does what it sounds like as the machine is in the lounge.

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

Well, it's back from HP and no fault found under a stress test. Funny that, I can now barely hear a fan running and feel a breeze coming out of the vents, I don't remember this before. Still, time will tell and if I get the same problem again I shall be contacting the retailer and expreess my dissapointment. They did reset the LAN which was a software fault. The machine went away tues last week and arrived Monday this week, HP get full marks for that.

Like this post
mehim

Likes # 0

Well, it's been a week and no problems, so the no fix HP has done seems successful until ......

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

What's the best smartwatch? 11 iWatch rivals compared in our wearables round-up

IDG UK Sites

App cloning: the mobile software industry’s hidden shame

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features