We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Timings in new posts?

Housten

Likes # 0

Good Afternoon,

I noticed in the last 3 or so days that the site developers had started using am/pm for posts, and then I noticed that something was not quite right! It may be that there are people looking at this at the moment, but I think something should be put on the front of the site to let us – the users – that there is something being done about the problem. So I have looked at it myself so that I can be certain that I, at least, appear to be correct in my comments, before asking if any other of you have noticed this annoyance.

What I have used is “Headphones only work from Front Panel”, and is entirely irrelevant to the point I wish to make. If you look you will see that “williamj” posted first at 3.42 yesterday afternoon, and then various people contributed until “Ian in Northampton” posted at 7:34 PM. The next post is that of “gengiscant” who posted yesterday at 8:57 AM, who is followed by “williamj” who posted yesterday at 12:17 PM, followed by others posting during the evening but yesterday and today, and then the penultimate post this morning and the last post this afternoon. It just might be me but I think that whilst the idea is very good its execution is somewhat flawed. I have attached a list of the people, and the times, who have posted so these can be checked, and if I am wrong then I hope someone will explain to me where and how I am incorrect.

williamj : Posted Yesterday at 3:42 PM gengiscant : Posted Yesterday at 5:27 PM Fruit Bat /\0/\ : Posted Yesterday at 5:39 PM Ian in Northampton : Posted Yesterday at 5:51 PM williamj : Posted Yesterday at 3:42 PM gengiscant : Posted Yesterday at 5:27 PM Fruit Bat /\0/\ : Posted Yesterday at 5:39 PM Ian in Northampton : Posted Yesterday at 5:51 PM Ian in Northampton : Posted Yesterday at 5:59 PM Ian in Northampton : Posted Yesterday at 6:38 PM Ian in Northampton : Posted Yesterday at 6:40 PM gengiscant : Posted Yesterday at 6:41 PM Ian in Northampton : Posted Yesterday at 7:34 PM gengiscant : Posted Yesterday at 8:57 AM williamj : Posted Yesterday at 12:17 PM williamj : Posted Yesterday at 3:42 PM Ian in Northampton : Posted Yesterday at 2:29 PM williamj : Posted Today at 5:13 PM
gengiscant : Posted Today at 5:16 PM williamj : Posted Today at 11:56 AM. Ian in Northampton : Posted Today at 1:53 PM
Has anyone ANY comments?

PS Sorry about length of post.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Yeah! The coding was written by the new YTS.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Certainly don't like the new timings

Posted 38 secs ago means nothing if I've browsed in other tabs or just come back to the browser without refreshing.

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

HOUSTEN,we have a problem.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Sat 11 Jun @ 18:00

That is being sorted out - as FE keeps telling us, just be patient a little while longer

In meantime if you want to, just put your own date and time on to save confusion.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

11/06/11 18:11

Dear Sir

What a spiffing idea.

Yours faithully etc

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

Well this one seems to be working OK?

Like this post
VCR97

Likes # 0

Many of yesterday's posts in Speakers' Corner are showing "Today".

Like this post
lucky1

Likes # 0

Simples. Just needs a new CMOS battery!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 3

Sorry about the confusion everyone, we've been twiddling the controls, and obviously something isn't right.

We'll be on the case after the weekend.

Like this post
Housten

Likes # 0

Gentlemen,

12 June 2011 at 11.21 AM

Good Morning,

Many, many thanks for all of your posts! I thought that I wouldn't have hit such a nerve in so many and/or I would have been criticised for raising an irrelevant problem, but it was something that was irritating me considerably. I was probably more annoyed than I would normally have been due to sky, but that is another story entirely which I will post on in another forum, sad old pensioner that I am! In the meantime it is very nice to get some backing and not make a fuss for what was no reason. Once again, many thanks to all respondents!

If I knew how to close this I would, but I have looked at some other comments on this and agree with them - it doesn't work for me!!!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

The Samsung Gear VR is better than the Oculus Rift (kinda)

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: How to buy an iPhone 6 today