We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

SPP

March Wind

Likes # 0

I have pictures sent to me vie hotmail. They are in a zip. How do I get them to open up in jpag? Sometimes it works but not always. I am not sure what I am doing for this to happen. I have Photosuit,Serif on my PC they open up in Serif with spp ending I want them to open in Photosuite ending in jpeg. I have Windows XP.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

What version of Windows do you have? Most versions have suitable software already installed.

Right click it and you should get a number of Options, including one which describes itself as something like "Unzip to File"

Click that and you will get a Folder containing whatever has been sent you.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

Windows has had that since XP so just do as wee eddie says

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Double click the zip folder and XP will open it

File - Extract All

open a photo in Serif then save as - select jpg for the file type list

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

They will only open in the format they was saved as, you need to resave as jpg for that to work

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I think that in Serif you may have to use the File, Export function rather than Save As, and choose export in jpg format.

Like this post
March Wind

Likes # 0

This time it worked from wee eddy link. Thank you. I hope it works every time because I do what as been suggested but does it always work NO, I do save in jpeg but still no picture most of the time it opens in Serif. I just hope it will work every time. Sometimes I get different selections to click on.. sometimes it will say convert to. I also use PicAview. Thank for now I hope not to be back on this subject.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

March Wind. I think that you are misunderstanding the nature of a Zip File.

It's just a bag that reduces the size of whatever is inside of it so that it is easier to send.

To open the bag, you just need to UnZip it.

Inside may be Letters, Pictures, Music Files or Movie Clips. Each different type of file will need a suitable program to open it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia