We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pc problem

mould

Likes # 0

will a motherboard boot to bios with out ram

• Tags:
  • pc
Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

no

Like this post
mould

Likes # 0

i have some ram but evan with it in it dose not but to the bios could it be the wrong ram it is ddr 3 and the motherboard says it takes ddr3

Like this post
rossgolf

Likes # 0

You probably have the wrong clock speed then

Like this post
mould

Likes # 0

thanks for your help

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Is the Motherboard Setup to the correct CPU speed

Like this post
mould

Likes # 0

how would you do that ??? im new to this thanks

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Do you know what motherboard you have? use this to tell you Belarc in your other post you mention whether the manual will tell you what ram, depends on the motherboard. If you have the manual post the make/model and I will have a look at the RAM issue for you, also there should be a sticker on the RAM giving details of speed et, please post.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Reset BIOS to defaults either by using the Clear CMOS jumper or by removing the CMOS battery for 5 minutes.

To boot to BIOS you need Mboard + cpu + heatsink & fan + 1 stick of RAM + graphics card if separate graphics.

Like this post
mould

Likes # 0

my motherboard is asus m4a88t-v evo usb3

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers