We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pcworld backup dvd

sunnystaines
Resolved

Likes # 0

get mixed info from pcworld. last week one store helper said you cannot upgade the ram to 2gb on the samsung nf110 on pcworld sold netbooks they are not compatable with 2gb of RAM, today i was told you can and that it will have the latest bios update.

but if we want factory settings dvd backup it will cost an extra £30-£40 is he ripping me off, do samsung not come with backup dvd?

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

onthelimit1

amazon works out expensive looks like i might have to bite the bullet and go to pc world. tried tottenham ct rd years ago prices down there used to be the best for electrical goods now they are all rip off prices.

Like this post
robinofloxley

Likes # 0

If you must.

Check Currys and PC World on-line deals first.

Sometimes you get freebies or reductions not available in store.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

robinofloxley

by chance had just checked pcworld online two mins prior to reading your post it was the same price £229, maplins on line with registered user vouchers is £230.

these seem the best two deals i can find unless someone here knows a better source.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

bought the nf110 came with a basck up factory setting cd

Like this post  
woodchip

Likes # 0

You will not be disappointed

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS forgot, do not forget you need a External CDRW drive I got one from a Computer Fair about £35 for a slim one

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woodchip

bought from pcworld who said its 64bit, i cannot believe this as it would be too much of a drain on 1gb of RAM.

Where could i check if its 32 or 64 bit set up.

surfing is fast but everything else slow any tips on improving netbooks, samsung said avoid upping the ram to 2gb as they being getting a lot of random sieze ups on ram upgrades.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

If you have Win 7 starter on it then that is only available as a 32 bit OS. Again lack of knowledge at PC World. As for making it faster just remove anything that you are not going to use. Go through start-up with a fine tooth comb so that you don't have anything running in the background that you don't need, manufacturer supplied utilities are notorious for that. Don't have multiple programs running, it's only a single core processor. Don't bother with M$ Office unless you really have to. Use a light on resources AV like M$ Security Essentials, your Norton will not be a good idea on a netbook. Finally just remember why it is called a netbook. That it is really what it does best, the rest of the things that it manages to do must be considered a bonus.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thanks when i get to the bottom of updates, will get the toothcomb out

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Double Click My Computer, Right Click C:\ Properties

Another place for info Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Information

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

Apple TV expert tips: get US Apple TV content, watch Google Play, use multiple Apple IDs and more