We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pcworld backup dvd

sunnystaines
Resolved

Likes # 0

get mixed info from pcworld. last week one store helper said you cannot upgade the ram to 2gb on the samsung nf110 on pcworld sold netbooks they are not compatable with 2gb of RAM, today i was told you can and that it will have the latest bios update.

but if we want factory settings dvd backup it will cost an extra £30-£40 is he ripping me off, do samsung not come with backup dvd?

Like this post
alankearn

Likes # 0

I am not sure if the video we link will work, you may have to copy and paste it or type it into google search

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thank you everyone not bought it yet.

woolwell opened you link but the downloads box was blank.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Works ok for me. It's the Samsung UK support site. Enter your model number and you should get a page relevant to that product. Click on the software tab and then look for Recovery Solution. On the right of that there is a zip file to download.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woolwell

thank you 2nd attempt worked found it in software tab recovery solution. cannot understand why none of the salesmen told me this.

on the hunt now for best price. [not ebay or recon'dt ones]

there was a recent bios update march 2011 should i expect the store to update [will only take a few mins] before sale or give a discount as the product is old knowing if i do it the guarentee is void.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

As I said in your other thread, if you have not bought the Netbook yet. You will find that the Samsung Netbook comes with I think its a oem CD and Recovery CD. and when you first start the Netbook it asks you to create partitions to what size you want. Personally, I don't think you need an extra gig of Ram on the Netbook. you will find its plenty fast enough, Samsung would not be selling it as it is if they thought it would be better with 2 gig

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woodchip

thank you, been looking at a lot shops recently trying to source a chair and netbook. the quality of staff overall is poor. its it because of poor pay that stores only attract thick people or are their recruitment standards set too low. i thought with unemployment being high selection would be better.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I got my Samsung from Curry's, same as PCworld but Got a better deal when I got it as I also bought a telephoto Lens for my Sony Alfa camera. For cash and PCworld would not knock as much off

PS if you can get into Makro or know somebody that as a Pass to get you in. They have some Netbooks and notebooks in

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

While not condoning PC World's apparent lack of staff training I think you should take into consideration the amount of knowledge of products they would have to absorb to be able to answer any question asked of them. The user manual for the Samsung you are considering runs to 126 pages, although you could probably rip out and throw away half of those and still have all the information you need. Multiply that by 42 netbooks, 357 laptops, 152 iPads, eReaders & tablets,(Figures taken from website) without the desktops and all the other components and software within the computer department and I know I would not be able to remember all the specs and capabilities of every machine there. Most manufacturers have pretty good websites now and allow you to download manuals and see what downloads are available for any particular model. There are always other users out there who post their experiences for you to peruse. An hours research is much more informative than an hour spent in any shop.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woodchip

pcworld & maplin with online vouchers seem the best prices but in both stores various members of staff have told such nonsense its put me off these stores as i feel you cannot trust what they say anymore, looking for a supplier i can trust if there is a problem, might try oxford st us i am up that way in a few days.

Like this post
onthelimit1

Likes # 0

I don't know what price you've been offered, but Amazon are usually competitive see here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?