We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pcworld backup dvd

sunnystaines
Resolved

Likes # 0

get mixed info from pcworld. last week one store helper said you cannot upgade the ram to 2gb on the samsung nf110 on pcworld sold netbooks they are not compatable with 2gb of RAM, today i was told you can and that it will have the latest bios update.

but if we want factory settings dvd backup it will cost an extra £30-£40 is he ripping me off, do samsung not come with backup dvd?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

robinofloxley

Yes, in older laptops the BIOS needs to be updated to cope with / recognise the new ram.

New machines no problem, install and go.

Like this post
canarieslover

Likes # 0

Download the manual from here. Samsung manual It shows how to upgrade memory, just a cover underneath to be removed. Also information on Samsung Recovery which it says is not always installed on every model. There is a download for Recovery Solution (Win 7 32bit) under the 'Software' tab in the support page.

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

Crosstrainer2

welcome back

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

woolwell

do you have a link to download the recovery image.

looks like we will buy a samsung 110 netbook just looking around for best deal getting fed up with duff info from sales staff in pcworld and maplin.

good point is this netbook is light and has long battery time, i also played back a video on full screen on one and there was no jittering the small atom cpu coped with it with problem and with a good picture. not sure if i should be aware of anything else.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

sunnystaines

Thank You, I'm so overwhelmed that I bought a bottle of the new Russian Pure Vodka.

In the freezer at the moment, conersation may well detioriate :))

CT

Like this post
sunnystaines

Likes # 0

thought of another query my norton security is 3 licence and i have the software in a folder on the desktop how could i install on the netbook with out buying an external dvd. is there a way to email it by gmail or could i home network the two and copy paste the folder over

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Samsung Software link text

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

If you haven't bought it yet then they should have a display model and you will be able to check whether the software is already there.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Don't buy from PC Them.

FLATTEN THE OLD ONE, STILL WORTH ABOUT $80.00

I have a nice lappy, but IT's Mine! ct

Like this post
alankearn

Likes # 0

Your Samsung Netbook will probably be very similar to my Samsung NC10 netbook Here is a video on how to upgrade memory on the Samsung NC10 netbook

http://www.laptopmag.com/advice/how-to/nc10-ram.aspx?step=1

When you fit the memory stick I think the Netbook will automaticly recognize without any further alterations to your Netbook

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes