We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dell Inspiron 620 MT - thinking of buying

wildhouse

Likes # 0

I have an 8 year old Dell Inspiron P4 which I have added RAM and extra memory to, but I think has now had it's day - it is starting to slow down dramatically (admittedly Facebook and Farmville are on the go most of the time it is on!) and I don't think it's worth upgrading again. I am thinking of the Inspiron 620 MT as my next purchase (£399 from Dell) with a Dell ST2220L 21.5 monitor (to be bought elsewhere as it is £40 cheaper than buying from Dell). Does anyone have any knowledge of this computer - I can't find any reviews as I think it is quite new. Any advice gratefully received - I have had good help with my current Dell from this forum!

Like this post
casfish

Likes # 0

Hi, my first time on this forum - sorry I can't answer your question but I am thinking of buying this one myself and wondered if you got it in the end and if so do you like it, any advice? Thanks, C.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I cannot help directly but it would assist others in their replies to know what you want to use it for eg just general browsing, word processing or games or photos or video or combination of all.

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

Hi - I haven't bought it yet as I can't make up my mind! Although my current computer getting the blue screen of death and corrupt data may speed me up (got it going again eventually!). I am now thinking of the Dell deal for the i5 Inspiron 620 instead of the i3. They have a deal inc. 21 1/2" monitor for £649, so about £80 more than the i3 with a monitor (and I have just registered with Quidco who have a £60 off and 10% cashback deal, making it a more of a budget price).

I use my current computer for a multitude of things - don't play so many games on it now as my daughter has her own laptop (although Farmville does get played a lot, which is quite power heavy!). I tend to have 2 browsers open at once - Facebook is always open, and there is quite a lot of web browsing done - often I play music on the computer at the same time. I use Word and Publisher quite a lot. So basically I want a multi-purpose computer which I can throw a bit of everything at.

They also have the XPS8300, the only difference I can spot is the graphics card. Trying to decide today as all the voucers for discounts I've seen run out today (although no doubt there will be another one tomorrow!)

Like this post
wildhouse

Likes # 0

Have now bought the 620 i5 - setting it up this weekend so will report back once I can get my files transferred!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...