We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Start up disk space

kingussie

Likes # 0

Hi all This one is for me I keep getting the message running low on start up disk space,I have tried removing programmes but I cannot see anything I would be happy removing. I am using an Imac with OSX. My HD has only 5 Gigs left. Have increase RAM from 1Gig to 3 but of course that does not affect anything except speed

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Solution is to get a bigger Harddrive if you don't want to uninstall any programs or Documents or get another Harddrive and put your Documents on there.

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Everything here also applies to your machine

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

There is going to come a time when you will have to decide, what to remove. Though you can fit a new bigger drive it will still get full and load your system down

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

New iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...