We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

deleting headers and footers

caulkhead

Likes # 0

Hi, I have a large document which I am trying to format correctly but it has placeholder text present in the headers space. I don't want headers or footers in my document but every time I go into edit header to try to delete it, it shows a symbol with a cross through it which won't allow me to delete. Does anybody know how to do this as I have tried so many times and it just won't budge. Thanks Caulkhead

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Any help

Headers/footers

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Any help

Headers/footers

Like this post
caulkhead

Likes # 0

Hi, tried going through it again with the help page you sent me, very useful,still can't get it to delete, press on the edit header but there is no delete button and when I try to delete it nothing happens. I think there must be something in the set-up which is stopping me from doing this as I have never had the proble before but just don't know what to look for, feeling very confused at the moment. Thanks for your reply. Caulkhead

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do