We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Running low on disc space

DAKAR
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all This one is for me I keep getting the message running low on disc space,I have tried removing programmes in control panel but I cannot see anything I would be happy removing The only heavy users I can see are service pack 1 and service pack 2 I am running XP sp3 any ideas as what I can do. Kind regards Dakar

Like this post
DAKAR

Likes # 0

Hi woodchip Just tried to carry out uninsstall in safe mode and got a message telling me windows installer is not correctly installed. How can I reinstall the windows installer? regards Dakar

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Note the answer in the Box on the Link Page

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows7-windowsprograms/windows-installer-not-correctly-installed/4e508898-5a22-4619-8822-d336f363316a

You need to copy the above Address then paste it into your Web Browser Address Bar then press enter

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

If woodchip's link doesn't solve the problem have a look here at Safe MSI, as it may be that the windows installer service needed for uninstalls is not running in safe mode, Safe MSI switches it on in safe mode.

link text

these three links show how to reduce windows reserved space for system restore (mine I have at 3%), temp internet files and recycle bin (which I have at 1%).

link text

link text

[link text][4]

[4]: http:// leeindy.com/reclaimspace_tifcache.shtml

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

last link should be

link text

Like this post
Les28

Likes # 0

Maent to ask,what is the overall size of the hard drive and how much is free space?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback