We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

belkin N1 firmware

gidster

Likes # 0

hi ive kept this seperate from my other question in the forum as the last one had a lot of questions

my firmware at the moment is F5D8231-4WW2.01.27 but on the belkin site theres another one witch is f5d8231-4 v4000 ww v4.00.09.bin

my question is this,is it newer? just that when i click check for new firmware on my routers web page it says theres not one.

thankyou.

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

I'm not sure you have the exact model number posted, but check the link below, and the complete number on your routers package or on the unit itself.

It SHOULD not allow you to update to an older version

http://en-uk-support.belkin.com/app/product/list/q/routers/

Like this post
gidster

Likes # 0

well this is the page i went to http://en-us-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/527/~/f5d8231-4-n1-wireless-router---firmware-update

and this is my router belkin N1 wireless router F5D8231-4

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

And?

Like this post
gidster

Likes # 0

well should i update it to the one whats on the site, sorry if im being a bit thick but im not good with this stuff.i just dont want to make things worse.

cheers

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Yes, download the file, and log into your router, and update..... Sorry, I've been busy over the weekend!

Like this post
gidster

Likes # 0

hi me again.

think ive cocked up i reckon my wireless router is version 1 because on the botton of the router it says Belkin Router N1 wireless Router model no F5D8231-4 ver 1000uk so im guessing its version 1 , i was thinking the -4 meant version 4 am i correct?

if so on the website it say theres version: 1.01.23, OS compatibility: Any, size: 3 MB and mines F5D8231-4WW2.01.27

isnt the one ive already got higher?

sorry about this.

Like this post
gidster

Likes # 0

also on my routers web page in the version info box it say this

Version Info Firmware Version F5D8231-4WW2.01.27 Boot Version v1.06 Hardware F5D8231-4 v2 Serial No. 200639R8105585

so this confusing me even more.

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Still try the update it won't hurt.

Like this post
gidster

Likes # 0

which do you reckon version 2 or 1 ?

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

If you return to 1 you won't get anywhere really. Go for 2 and if it wrecks the router I will buy you a new one!,

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July