We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Draytek 2710n Router

Vintage90

Likes # 0

Hi all. I just set this new router up yesterday, bought it because of good signal strength and USB port, which I want to attach a high capacity hdd to.

Here's the rub. I have tried USB stick, 3 different hard drives but the router refuses to recognise any of them, in order to use DFU mode, I changed to WPA encryption, only to discover that windows 7 64 bit has what are described as "issues"

It does not appear on my laptop as an option either. Any ideas?

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

The laptop I'm using at the moment is Win 7 64bit connected wireless to a 6yr old Linksys running WPA.

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

Straballs But does your router have USB port? For some reason, when I change to WPA and attempt to use the network on my laptop ( Toshiba satellite pro) the option for WPA does not appear, so I can't even enter a new password.

Looks like a reinstall on the laptop. Strange though, and others on Windows forums report similar issues with some laptops.

Glad you are still here!

Like this post
Vintage90

Likes # 0

Some progress: found a workaround, and now have WPS (DFU mode) active.

still none of the usb devices are recognised....Grrr Anyone got any ideas?

I have also:

Upgraded the router firmware enabled UPNP anyone got any other ideas? I'm pretty sure I've missed something in the routers setup, but can't think what!

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

l24

It is...Might have a duff one but can you suggest setings I may have missed?

CT

Like this post
Crosstrainer2

Likes # 0

Yes firmware is brand new...as a modem. superb , but im sending it back it does not do what i wanted it to.

mind you.. suggestions are always welcome, and the new russian Wodka may make comms difficult :))

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July