We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

2 scanners on one PC ?

eedcam

Likes # 0

The scanner on my epson all in one has gone Kaput .Now the Printer part is fine so want to keep it especially as have about 50£'s worth of spare cartidgesand itas a damn good Photo printer.If I get an epson scanner will this run ok without uninstalling anything on the multi.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

The only issue I see is if you have any scanning software that automatically identifies the scanner. Me, I use the 'Scanners & Cameras' wizard to capture images from my scanner, so I imagine that, that way, you'd be able to choose what scanner you want to use.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Yes it should work okay. it may have a Drop Down on which scanner to use, but it should load a Desktop Scanner icon, I suggest you delete any Scanner Icons on the desktop before loading software for the new one. then you know its the correct one that you are double clicking on

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If you use the Acquire in a Program it should be in a list showing both scanners. You need to test to find out the scanner that works in the program

Like this post
eedcam

Likes # 0

Ok got it and all ok thought I might get probs as both epsons but it is available in all my editors .Did try and reply several hours ago but this silly site went into one of its please wait modes.Thanks guys

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launch live: Unpacked 2014 Episode 2 at IFA

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...