We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Acer Aspire 5552 Laptop

Pinklady1967

Likes # 0

I recently bought an Acer Aspire 5552 laptop and seem to be having an intermittent problem with regards to the keyboard. On a number of occasions I have opened up the laptop, switched it on and when I've gone to login, the keys don't work. There is not a button near the keypad to switch the keyboard on and off as I have seen on another Acer model, so I am somewhat baffled. This particular problem doesn't occur on every start up, just intermittently, but is most infuriating. Any suggestions or comments welcome please.

Like this post
Ian in Northampton

Likes # 0

On the basis I can think of no logical explanation for the fault, I'd tend to recommend you take it back to where you bought it from. You say you bought it recently, so I assume it's still under warranty.

I've just had one thought, though, and my apologies if it insults your intelligence. You talk about logging on, so I assume you're entering a user name and/or password. In which case, are you sure that you're positioning the pointer in the box where you want to type, and clicking in it before you start typing? It could be that the logon 'box' isn't active from the start, and you have to activate it by clicking in it. Not doing so would give the symptoms you describe.

Like this post
Strawballs

Likes # 0

If you have only recently bought it I would suggest taking it back to be sorted.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Try pressing Fn+F7.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

But I also agree - best to take it back to be sorted!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

What's new in VR: the companies creating exciting new mixes of augmented and virtual reality

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...