We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

startup problem

the old man

Likes # 0

Started dell laptop earlier but having problems booting. Seems to be in a loop between dell startup screen with progress bar and windows loading files screen. Have tried numerous startup repair procedures and system restores but all to no avail.

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

Sounds like a OS/Hdd problem to me

I usually use Hirens.BootCD to fix issues like this ( http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd )

if you download it then un zip the file and use BurnCDCC.exe to make a bootable cd

once done pop it in your laptops cd drive hit F10 (boot options) and select boot from cd then when the options come up, first try loading mini xp once loaded use the command panel to run a check disk (chkdsk c: /r)

if that don't work go back to Hirens boot menu and cycle though the hdd tools to find the manufacture of your hard drive and run the program

if on the hdd check the hard drive fails it may mean that the hard drive needs replacing

Like this post
the old man

Likes # 0

Now when I switch on I get following message, memory write/read failure at 0007927c, read EC 07E807 expecting E807E807. To resolve reseat memory. Have done that but still get same message.

Like this post
the old man

Likes # 0

Now get following. Memory write/read failure at 0007927C, read EC07E807 expecting E807E807. To resolve reseat memory. This I have done but still get same message.

Like this post
the old man

Likes # 0

Got to the stage that after numerous other enquiries, it turned out that the motherboard has gone T**s up. So I have had to invest in a new laptop. Just for interest, I have gone, this time, with an Acer Aspire 5742. Nice piece of kit.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...