We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Tech Helproom

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

cpu fan speed very fast

blueforever
Resolved

Likes # 0

hi could anyone help me regarding my fan and heatsink my motherboard is a as rock g31m-gs prosessor is dual amd athalon64 for thepast week hte fan has been spinning very very fast i thought i shud clean it out which i did and renewd the thermal grease hasnt made any difference as soon as i boot up it goes full pelt straight away never used to do this can anyone help thanks gary

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

What temps are you getting? Your motherboard has CPU Quiet Fan.Is this enabled in the bios (see page 41 of the online manual)

Like this post
blueforever

Likes # 0

temp is showing mb 26c cpu 33c cpu fan speed3924 quiet fan enabled fan speed middle sorry my prossecor is intel pentium 4 thanks for your reply

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

What program are you using to get the temps?

Like this post
blueforever

Likes # 0

not using any programs thats just what it said in bios thanks for your reply gary

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Do you have the following things visible in the bios

"Target CPU Temperature"

"Target Fan Speed"

Like this post
blueforever

Likes # 0

target cpu temp 50c target fan speed slow

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

Have you tried disabling it then rebooting then enabling it again and rebooting?

Like this post
blueforever

Likes # 0

havent mate not sure how to do that do you mean disable the fan or disable something else

Like this post
ICF

Likes # 0

In the bios disable CPU Quiet Fan save settings then allow pc to boot up then reboot and change back to enabled also check Target CPU Temperature & Target Fan Speed settings the allow to boot up.

Like this post
blueforever

Likes # 0

hi did try that last night didnt make any difference wonder if new fan or heat sink is needed

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'